Summer Basketball Camp and Spring Break Basketball Camp Curriculum:
1. Fundamentals and advanced skills developmental stations
2. Conditioning, speed, and agility stations
3. Basketball terminology and basketball rules
4. Various basketball drills
5. Full court basketball games
6. Various contests (1-on-1, Free Throw, Hot Shot)
7. Guest speakers
8. Instructional videos: "Better Basketball", "Magic Johnson's Fundamental Basketball"
9. D.E.A.R-Drop Everything and Read (30 minutes of reading to keep the brain sharp)
10. Fun Fridays: Dancing with "Harry the Hawk" of the Atlanta Hawks,
entertainment with "Sky Hawk" and the "Sky Squad".
11. We have partnered with the Atlanta Hawks and their training staff who provide a 3-hour clinic at our camp.
12. Breakfast, and lunch (Summer Camp), Lunch (Spring Break Camp)
Our goals for the Basketball Camps are divided into three areas:
Physical, Emotional, and Mental
Physical Goals: To improve our campers basketball skills, help them gain a better understanding of the game of basketball, and instill in them the benefits of practice, exercise, and hard work.
Emotional Goals: To increase our campers confidence and self-esteem by redirecting their attention on developing, and getting results by focusing on the task at hand, instead of giving in to peer pressure or other such concerns or fears.
Mental Goals: To give our campers a clear sense of purpose and vision of where their skills can take them. To help them understand more about mental toughness required to make it in the physically demanding sport of basketball. To encourage them to make good choices which is an important part of their mental conditioning. Through encouragement, they can be successful at anything they desire. Everything is within their reach and they will truly know, "The Sky Is The Limit".